The Key Benefits of Design Build
As a member of the Design Build Institute of America, K-Con can assure you that the design/build approach will provide you with these significant advantages:
- Design/build projects typically result in 6-10% cost savings while completing projects an average of 33% faster.
- The design/build process promotes close communications and a partnering effort between owner, builder and designer, thus avoiding conflicts.
- Overall responsibility for the project falls to one source – the design/builder.
- Precise, up-front definition of the design with the consensus of all team members, virtually eliminates costly change orders and modifications during construction.
- Concurrent activities – construction on initial phases can begin while final designs and finish decisions continue.
Discovery. Definition. Design. Development. Delivery.
K-Con’s “Five D” Design/Build methodology facilitates a true team approach to both final design and construction, by closely integrating input from end user, builder and designer during all phases of the project.
By assembling the team (owner, designer and builder) at the onset of the project, design/build provides each team member the opportunity to interface closely, communicate, and work together toward a common goal during the entire process.Learn More About K-Con's 5 'Ds'
Design-Build For Government
K-Con’s design build services also provides government, military, and local and state government entities with a turn-key, ready to use facility. Our GSA contract also allows those who wish to purchase through this unique vehicle the peace of mind they are receiving exceptional value.Design Build with GSA